Monday 29 August 2011

10 Minute Cleaning Game Days 3, 4 and 5

Ok, so you may remember I took a little trip this weekend. 

We left the afternoon of Day 3.  I didn't do my 10 minutes of cleaning that day.  I'm not calling this experiment a failure yet.  I did do some tidying but wasn't sure when we'd be leaving, so didn't know if I'd have the time.  As the heading out time kept getting pushed back, I accepted that we wouldn't be around to mess things up, that we had been tidying that morning and I was ok with the state of the house and that I was ok with not doing my experiment today.

Day 4 we got home very late, started unpacking our small bag and went to bed.  No 10 Minute Cleaning Challenge entry for today either.

Day 5 I got up and automatically tidied.  The bedroom was set to the state it was at after the last 10 minutes in there.  It's not tidy let alone scrubbed, but it's not getting worse.  Today I'm excited about my 10 minutes, so I wanted to get some stuff out of the way that I could get done in passing so that it wouldn't get in the way of my actual condensed cleaning time.  I'd call this a revelation!  My 10 minutes haven't been done yet, but I'm sure they will be.

So, in the last three days I had my first wuss out and my first reflex cleaning.  I really didn't expect these so early in the month, but there they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment