Wednesday 24 August 2011

Starbucks and Dairy Queen Birthday Deals?

So we're celebrating a birthday today. DH has been excited for months about his birthday rewards. I'm excited he's excited about deals. Here's the deals he's excited about:

Starbucks: when you register your Starbucks giftcard you get a free coffee on your birthday. He got turned away at his first store. Aparently they don't do this (or any other) deal. The next store politely explained that Starbucks will mail him a coupon on his birthday. So, he won't end up getting the free coffee on his birthday. Let's call this one a belated birthday deal.

Dairy Queen: when you sign up for the Blizzard Fan Club you get emailed a buy one Blizzard get one free coupon to use on, or up to two weeks after, your birthday. The only issue I have with this one is he usually gets a medium but upsizes to Large when it's his birthday whereas I only usually get a mini. So, we get my $1.99 mini free and we spend an extra buck on his. For us it doesn't turn into that big of a deal. But, he likes going for his birthday, so I'm more than happy to go.

I was excited to try out a eat free on your birthday restaurant tonight, but he chose to get poutine. No arguments from me, both our meals came to $13, way better than we can get at a restaurant even with the free meal.

Happy Birthday DH!

No comments:

Post a Comment