Monday 29 August 2011

Free Scott's Paper Towels at Shopper Drug Mart

So I went to buy the Bounty paper towels from Shoppers Drug Mart which I determined was the better deal.  When I got there I loaded up my cart then took a look at the shelf to see how good of a deal I was getting.  We need paper towels, so it may not have been the greatest deal of all time, but I wanted to ensure I was getting the greatest deal of the day.

A quick scan then I turned to leave the aisle.  Then a pause and a quick calculation.  Then a "really?" said out loud to everyone I was with.

Scotts 2-pack of paper towels were priced at $2.99.  I had a $2.00 off printable coupon to make them $0.99.  They also had 1000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points (value of about $1.25).  So these were free! 

This deal wasn't in the Shoppers flyer but was listed on their website.  So the lesson this week isn't really about quantity sizes at all.  It's about knowing your prices and knowing your deal sources.  I'm happy with the deals I'll be getting this week but I know there are many I would like that I'm probably missing.  As my deal finding process streamlines I'll be able to find more deals in the same amount of time.  For now, I don't think spending all day looking for deals will make me a better housewife, so I'll let a few deals go.  Glad I found this one when I did though!

No comments:

Post a Comment